Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stanley Cup Poster

My History of Graphic Design class is potentially the best class I've ever taken. It's like being punched in the face by inspiration every Tuesday.
The textbook for the class is actually awesome, it has lots of amazing pictures of illustrations from some of the obvious greats (mucha... mondrian...montgomery-flagg) but has also introduced me to some artists I hadn't heard of whose work is killing me.
The text book is called "Graphic Design A New History" by Stephen J Eskilson and I'd recommend it if you're a designer or an illustrator cause it's really the best book I've got as far as holy crap inspiration goes.

http://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Design-Stephen-J-Eskilson/dp/0300120117

Also, here's an international constructivist inspired poster for the playoffs this season.
Stanley cup has a weird silhouette, still don't know how I feel about their faces, but when you take the features away, they look like they're kissing or something hahah


No comments:

Post a Comment