Friday, April 8, 2011

The Lonely Dragon

So I'm working on a children's book, as I mentioned a few months back.
It was written by an 8 year old boy.
When his mom contacted me a few months back with it, I really couldn't turn it down. I'm so glad I didn't, it's absolutely adorable, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
I'm posting the character design and the first page here but I'm not gonna post full spreads like this because I don't want to give it all away, I just want to show what it's gonna be like and how cute it is.
The writing makes me smile every time I read it over while working on the pages :)



10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Alex! Would love a copy of this when it's completed! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tooooo adorable! I'll keep an eye on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the shapes you used on the dragon. He's got such a great silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dragon's name wouldn't be Albi would it?

    :P Very lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, as always!

    @Elliot - Love the reference to my favorite New Zealanders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Elliot: Hahah, yeah -- the book may have been written by a little eight-year-old Albanian boy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations ALEX!!!! This is lovely. Amazing stuff as always.

    ReplyDelete