I finally got it back
since I was away from it though, I started doing more work on paper, like I used to.
And it feels so great :)
For my story Illustration class, I get to basically come up with my own project
I've had this story playing around in the back of my mind for a year or so now.
I'm really inspired by inuit art, so I'm doing a short comic about a young inuit girl name Iluq (means frost in Inuit language)
Here's some of my sketches and visual development work I've done so far.
I started this project about 2 weeks ago now. Basically, I ran to the library, took out every book I could find on eskimo and Inuit culture and art and have been pounding out sketches of character designs and environments
There are hundreds of sketches of the bear spirit lying around my room, and even more of Iluq, but these are just some of the more recent, not as terrible ones :)
Final Design I've chosen for Iluq:

Some facial expressions (WIP):

Some of the earlier designs for Iluq:



Environment sketches:


Bear Spirit Design:
fabulous. that bear spirit kicks total ass.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kate! Iluq looks cool, but that bear spirit is epic!
ReplyDeleteright on!
ReplyDelete